Experienced teachers, award-winning composers, working musicians and creative ensemble leaders will combine their talents in the 2023 Fresno Pacific University Summer Music Camp.
Top Valley professionals will pass on their knowledge and faith to the next generation from June 25-30, and students entering grades six through 12 (ages 11-19 as of September 1, 2023) are welcome. The camp welcomes students from novice to advanced levels who have some foundational music knowledge.
For those who love a bargain as much as a melody, there is an Early Bird rate—$25 off for those who register by May 15! Regular registration continues through June 1. Limited scholarships are also available. Register and more at fpu.edu/music-camp
“We treasure this camp’s combination of a serious and disciplined study of music with a love for Jesus Christ that binds us together as family for a week,” says camp director George Dougherty.
Concerts, masterclasses, devotions and leisure activities will be on the main FPU campus, 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Fresno, where participants will go beyond mere rote learning to develop personal responsibility, effective practice habits, mutual respect and conceptual education. Campers will have the option to stay the week in our FPU dorms with counselors including FPU music students or take part as a day camper.
- Choral—Jeffrey S. Wilson, D.M.A., professor of music, music program director, director of choral activities
- Band and Brass—George Dougherty, D.M.A. associate professor of music, coordinator of instrumental music, director of bands
- Musicianship and Woodwinds—Christa Pell Evans, Ph.D., assistant professor or music
- Contemporary Worship—Melita Mudri-Zubacz, M.A., instructor, director of Crosswind contemporary Christian ensemble
- Piano—Karen Madden, M.A., piano instructor
- Composition—Walter Biddle Saul II, D.M.A., emeritus professor of music and composition