Prayer, drama and conversation will be among the ways the Fresno Pacific University community participates in "Stop the Hate—Build a Culture of Peace" October 1-5.
Local efforts are being organized by a campus committee headed by Donna Callahan, social work faculty. "Stop the Hate" began at California State University, Fresno, in 1997 after the racially motivated assault of a CSUF student.
- 10 a.m. - McDonald Hall 148-9 - Faculty Prayers
- Noon - Community Worship Service - University Green
- Noon - Gandhi's Birthday Party
- 12:30 p.m. - Drama on the Green
- 10 a.m. - College Hour - Rod Reed: "Real Hope for Real Relationships"
Videos - McDonald Hall 148
- 8 a.m. - "Where the Spirit Lives"
- 11:30 a.m. - "Between Two Worlds"
- 1:30 p.m. - "Skin Deep: Talking About Racism"
- 3 p.m. - "The Color of Fear"
- 5 p.m. - "Men With Guns"
- 7 p.m. - "Four Little Girls"
- 12:30 p.m. - Marpeck Hall 102 - Noon Time Encounter - Ghassane Habib: "Misconceptions About Islam"
- 7 p.m. - Community Peace Vigil - CourtHouse Park
- 12:30 p.m. - Noon Time Encounter - "Peace Forum"
- 5 p.m. - Closing peace prayer - University Green - Faculty, staff, students