Young entrepreneurs in Reedley have a chance to make their business dreams as real as money in the bank with a special LaunchPad Pitch Fest hosted by the Center for Community Transformation at Fresno Pacific University.
For those 12-24 years old who live in or plan to start a business in Reedley, LaunchPad Pitch Fest is just the platform to give ideas flight and make an impact on the community. There are opportunities to share visions, gain recognition and win cash awards to kickstart the entrepreneurial journey. Participants will compete in one of two age groups: Junior: 12-16-year-olds enrolled in Kings Canyon Unified School District or Immanuel High School, or Young Adults: 17-24-year-olds who plan to run businesses in Reedley. All activities are free of charge.
Winners will receive support to kickstart their business:
- Cash prizes for the most creative, viable and impactful ventures
- A seven-week educational series starting in January
- Meetings with potential investors, supporters and other community members excited about new ideas
How it Works
Young people with the dream of owning a business are encouraged to sign up for one of two small-business workshops—one online and one in-person—from the CCT to help refine their basic idea. Participants then need to submit a business proposal, using the instruction they received at the workshop. CCT staff will evaluate the proposals and notify formation finalists whether they qualify to pitch their proposal at the LaunchPad Pitch Fest. After a practice pitch session, the selected entrepreneurs will formally pitch their proposals to a panel of local judges.
- November 1, 5:30-7:30 p.m.—Virtual Business Plan Workshop
- November 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m.—In-Person Business Plan Workshop
- November 10—Submit Business Plan
- November 17—Contestants are notified if they are accepted to pitch
- November 30—Practice Pitch
- December 15, 5:30-7:30 p.m.—Reedley LaunchPad Pitch Fest and Awards Presentation
More information and registration at Reedley Business Plan Workshop
Public and Sponsorship Opportunities
The public is also invited to cheer on the entrepreneurs at the LaunchPad Pitch Fest December 15, 2023. The event will begins at 5:30 p.m. at 1010 G Street, Reedley. Admission is free.
Those who want to take the next step to support local small business and young people who have what it takes to improve the entire community are encouraged to becoming sponsors—more than supporting an event, sponsors invest in the future and show confidence in leaders of tomorrow. To become a sponsor, contact Bryan Feil at Bryan.Feil@fresno.edu or 559-453-2330, or Jeanette Jaurena at Jeanette.Jaurena@fresno.edu or 559-453-2367.