Aileen Rizo, a Fresno Pacific University graduate and adjunct faculty, is among the honorees for the 37th Annual Top Ten Professional Women and Leading Business Awards by Fresno’s Marjaree Mason Center.
Each year the awards pay tribute to 10 women who have excelled professionally, served as role models and given back to their communities. One business is also honored for its support of women and women’s issues. Marjaree Mason Center is Fresno County's only dedicated provider of domestic violence shelter and support services, including education for victims and youth (mmcenter.org/).
Rizo, who earned her M.S. at FPU in 2013, is associate director PK-12 at the AIMS Center for Math and Science Education. She is also an adjunct faculty in both the School of Natural Sciences, teaching mathematics in the degree completion program, and in the School of Education’s graduate math and science education program, teaching math, computational thinking and engineering courses.
Honors will be presented in a virtual event, rather than the usual live banquet, October 20. The full list of honorees is:
- Jeannine Campos Grech, partner, Campos Brothers Farms and chair of the board, Valley Children’s Healthcare
- Joyce Fields-Keene, CEO, Central California Faculty Medical Group, Inc.
- Lupe Jaime-Mileham, senior director, early care and education, Office of Fresno County Superintendent of Schools
- Lisa Nichols, vice principal on special assignment, Goal 2/School Leadership, Fresno Unified School District
- Irma Olguin, Jr., CEO and co-founder, Bitwise Industries
- Tressa Overstreet, principal, Design Science Middle College High School, Fresno Unified School District
- Aileen Rizo, associate director, The AIMS Center for Math and Science Education
- Tina Rodriguez, victim services director, Community Action Partnership of Madera County
- Gurdeep Sihota He’bert, dean of student services, Clovis Community College
- Dorothy Thomas, senior vice president/SBA department manager, Central Valley Community Bank
- Business Award: Moss Adams, LLP—Chris Morse, Fresno partner in charge, and Ashley Jacobsen, senior manager
More at: thebusinessjournal.com/these-ten-women-selected-for-marjaree-mason-center-honor/?utm_source=Daily+Update&utm_campaign=6c9aa7e82f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_08_17_09_58&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fb834d017b-6c9aa7e82f-78731833&mc_cid=6c9aa7e82f&mc_eid=c8f76c00f9